Wednesday, December 18, 2013

December 18th is Benjamin O. Davis Jr. Day!!!

December 18th is Benjamin O. Davis Jr. Day!!! 

"Benjamin O. Davis, Jr. is remembered for many things: Being the first Black Air Force General, leading the Tuskegee Airmen flight squadron and standing up to the military establishment in advancing the cause of Black soldiers. More than that, he is a symbol of the ability of a Black man to persevere through obstacles on the path towards excellence." Thank you Mr. Davis Jr. for all of your contributions and inspiration! Please click the link below and learn more about Benjamin O. Davis Jr. :-)  

http://www.greatblackheroes.com/government/benjamin-o-davis-jr/

''Living as a prisoner in solitary confinement for four years had not destroyed my personality, nor poisoned my attitude toward other people,'' he would write in recalling his thoughts upon graduating. ''I had even managed to keep a sense of humor about the situation; when my father told me of my many supporters, the many people who were pulling for me, I said, 'It's a pity none of them were at West Point.' ''

No comments:

Post a Comment